1. Getting scratches out of leather: Rub a tiny bit of moisturizer into the scratch using a Q-tip until the scratch is gone. It’s gross, but literally it’s like rubbing lotion into cracked skin.
2. Turn leather pants inside out and store them in the freezer to help them keep their shape. Another swears by machine drying leather leggings on low heat, again inside out, to reduce stretching.
3. Tip for cleaning brass, gold, and diamond jewelry: “Ketchup cleans brass and Fantastik shines gold and diamonds like a mofo.”
4. The powers of the fine-tooth comb to de-pill most luxurious cashmere sweaters.
5. One of the most famous perfumers in the world says to always keep perfume in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
6. Try to never wash your jeans. If they start to smell, put them in a gallon zip lock bag with a dryer sheet over night and leave them in the freezer. Once they thaw, they will feel fresh and clean but still fit perfectly.
7. To get deodorant stains out of pretty much any material, rub the fabric together. It even works (really well) on black clothing!
8. If your suede shoes get wet, ball up newspaper inside them and wrap them up in newspaper too. They’ll keep their shape and texture, and dry out fairly quickly.
9. Use a hair dryer as a steamer to get wrinkles out just before you’re running out the door. If you have an entire dress that needs ironing, try hanging the garment outside of the shower while running hot water to steam creases out.